Destination weddings have become increasingly popular with couples that want something other than the traditional ceremony and celebration in a church and banquet hall. A destination wedding can be as affordable as your budget allows and your honeymoon is included in the cost! A certified wedding planner will work with you and guarantee that your wedding is the one you’ve always dreamed of.
9 Reasons to Have Your Wedding in the Bahamas
1. The Bahamas is a popular place for a destination wedding because everything you need for a memorable event is right there: A marriage license, a Minister, gorgeous flowers, a professional photographer, wedding cake and delicious food for your guests, especially seafood (think rock lobster or conch fritters). A member of The Bahamas Bridal Association can help you plan the wedding of your dreams at any venue you choose.
2. The weather will be lovely, though you should avoid the rainy season from mid May to the end of October. Average temperatures are between 24C and 29C in both winter and summer. Perfect for a wedding.
3. You can be married in your bare feet right on the beach. Beautiful white and pink sand beaches surround the gorgeous turquoise sea. If you want to wear shoes and be married indoors, in a church or chapel, you can do that too. In some places, you can even be married underwater!
4. There are many activities for people of all ages to enjoy, (besides your wedding of course), friends and family members will have fun during their stay. They can choose fishing, golf, kayaking, snorkeling, deep-sea diving and swimming in the warm turquoise waters of the Caribbean, or just relaxing in a hammock.
5. All your guests can stay either together or close by each other, in beachside bungalows or villas, providing a great opportunity for new family members to get to know each other.
6. No need to fly off on a honeymoon after the wedding – you’re already there! Stunning sunsets, silky soft white sand, impeccable service, romantic walks along the beach…. paradise. Cape Santa Maria on Long Island, Bahamas is one of the top ten beaches in the world for beauty, privacy and quiet. Whether beachcombing, bird watching, or dancing to the rhythms of Soca, your honeymoon in the Bahamas will be perfect.
7. The Bahamian people are warm and friendly speaking English with a distinctive Island lilt. Currency is in US or Bahamian dollars.
8. Children are welcome with resorts offering special kids’ menus, activities and even childcare. And Bahamian sand makes the best sand castles ever. The warm shallow blue waters have a smooth sandy bottom and are irresistible to children.
9. The Islands of the Bahamas are closer than you think, only 45 miles from the Florida Coast. Just over three hours flight time from Toronto, Canada, and New York City.
The wedding and honeymoon of your dreams is waiting for you in the beautiful Bahamas. Ready to start planning? Want to find out more about having a Bahamas wedding?